Let’s say you are on your way to your amazing, fulfilling job in your occupation and out of nowhere woman appears. She carries very heavy school bag on her back, you can see the struggle is real here.
She asks you “Could you give me a hand?”. You know it’s not in your best interest to help her carry her bag, because it’s very late already and you can not make it to your job in time. However due to the fact you don’t have attention from many women in your life, you feel like you can’t say no (White Knight).
You agree to help her, then you follow her path (Lost Frame) and after you reach her school she says “Oh you are so cute, strong and helpful. I don’t know what I would do if not you. Thank you!”. You get excited and feel better about yourself (Low Self Esteem).
As you put her backpack on the ground, you can see her hugging someone. At first you thought it’s her friend, but they started kissing. You started feeling extremely bad (Lost Hope) and continued your journey to job.
As you reach the job of your dreams (which you studied couple years for), you see pissed off boss coming across you to tell you that you are late (again). He further explained how bad example you give to your colleagues and fired you.
Couple years later you go across this woman, who is now married to her boyfriend from the past, finished her studies and have a good job, while you worked as a waiter since that, due to the fact you couldn’t find new workplace in your field.
As you see in above story, the guy lost his job (and felt life altering negative changes) due to the simple fact he helped someone for no reason.
It’s not that you shouldn’t help people who are in need. That’s really good thing to do, but the key deal here is to not risk your life and/or business just because someone asks, or because woman said so.
Most popular White Knight personality traits
- You give more importance to someone’s (especially women) business than yours.
- You help unknown women for free even if it may be damaging to your life.
- You always defend women regardless if they are guilty or innocent.
- When a girl offends you or argues with you (possibly in relationship) you agree with her and anything she suggests even if it’s not fair to you, because you don’t want to lose her.
- You agree with anything woman is saying, instead of expressing your own opinion.
- When girl complains about someone (“He’s such a jerk!” or “She dresses like a sl*t!”) you take her side and for example rationalize her opinion verbally.
- You are ready to pick up a fight with another guy for some insignificant reason (or for no reason) when there’s good occasion hoping she will notice how big gentleman you are.
And the list goes on and on. Even people who seem smart at first, or are indeed geniuses in their fields, seem to go all crazy and perform such behavior when they see a woman around.
Don’t be an White Knight!